£75000 - £100000 per annum
3 months ago
A leadership role joining an award-winning London agency at a pivotal time in their growth.
The Great & The Good have been asked to find a Business Director who will help our client continue their impressive recent track record. This London independent agency works with a raft of big name clients and needs a skilled Business Director who (in short) can develop both their accounts and their team.
Working into a hugely supportive agency leadership team, the Business Director will be responsible for:
- Leading integrated campaigns spanning CRM, digital, social, print, OOH and more
- Nurturing a talented team to get the best out of them
- Developing innovative strategies through close liaison with a potent planning team
- Tight commercial control of blue chip accounts
Whilst we could wax lyrical about exactly what qualities our client requires, we'll use the MD's own words:
- Entrepreneurial - this is not a job for someone who wants to switch off and forget work at 5.30pm every day. They need to be the sort of person who gets excited about our industry and the possibilities that come with working in an independent business which doesn't restrict people or put them in boxes
- Relationship builder - Ability to build strong relationships at all levels - and, importantly, understand that those relationships (along with a detailed understanding of our clients business) are key to account growth
- Excited by new things and change - the candidate needs to be excited by everything that is changing in our world and the new skills/knowledge required to operate effectively in it
- Does what it takes - as an agency we don't say 'no' very often. We want people with an attitude of 'we'll find a way'. We need to be open to new ways of working and collaborating with people with new skills. And we need to adapt - and everyone has to sometimes get hands dirty to make things happen
- Bundles of enthusiasm
Needless to say these qualities will all be married to exceptional experience of working in a creative shop at Business Director level - probably with a bias towards data, digital, direct and CRM.
Over the past few years, this London agency has been quietly building an impressive portfolio of Entertainment, Charity, Retail, Financial Services and B2B clients (among others). Despite impressive growth, the leadership team have worked hard to focus on employee satisfaction which has ensured a significant proportion of the team have been with the agency for 5+ years.
For more information about this role, please contact David Love (Founding Partner at The Great & The Good)
The Great & The Good represents talented people who love what they do. We recruit for the great and the good of the Marketing, PR, Digital, Advertising and Creative industries.